History

 

In 1803 Nicolaas Jurjan Lankhorst started a factory named "Lankhorst Touwfabrieken". The rope that was produced was not only applied for agricultural purposes, it was also used in shipping. During the 1960's the first synthetic yarns were introduced to the market.

 

Tensile strength and elasticity of these new materials outperformed the properties of natural fibres and further the new materials were moisture resistant and had floating capacity.

 

In 1964 Lankhorst also started to produce synthetic yarns and residuals from that production process were used again to manufacture new products. The material was cleaned, shredded and used to produce synthetic poles and planks.

 

Lankhorst kept on developing more and more and started to also process other synthetic materials such as bottle caps and agricultural film. This is in short the history of how recycling began.

 

At the bicentennial festivities of Lankhorst in 2003 Her Majesty the Queen of the Netherlands granted the Group the honour to use the word "Royal" in the company's name.

 

The Royal Lankhorst Euronete group expanded from a regional family owned company into a worldwide operating company with leading positions in markets for a.o. ropes, industrial yarns, fish netting, reinforced composites and recycled plastics, such as steel storage systems. We exchange knowledge and ideas and create synergies for joint developments.

For this site to function optimally, we use cookies. For more information see our cookie policy.